Saturday, December 10, 2011

Something got done this week. (Day 87)

Well since our last post 12 days ago, we have had some action at the house.
The A/C ducting has been fixed as much as it can be.  The ducting in the corners of our bedroom have to stay, but our SS has told us he will make a niche over the bed area to hide it.  This I can live with, but the one in the corner of the family room had to go.  This one has been put into the cavity that we had made in our walk in robe.

We had been promised brickies would work on the Wednesday, but again no one was there.  Then on Thursday they also promised brickies, but again no one there.  We found out later that they finished off a job on Thursday morning, went to the pub for lunch and didn't make back to work after a liquid lunch.  By this point everyone has the sh#%s with the bricklayers.

Friday morning - WE HAVE BRICKIES.  It was only two of them, but at least something was going to get done.  These guys did the fiddly bits under the windows on the bottom level.  Derrick went out to see them on Friday morning and he was told the whole crew would be there Saturday morning.
We had about 7 guys on site on Saturday morning and Monday all day.

Brick work had to stop again on tuesday, this time because we had to wait for T bar to hold up the balcony and for over the garage doors. The builder also underestimated how many bricks we would need, and we have now run out.  Kurmond has another job that is using the same bricks and same batch number that had been over estimated, so we are getting those bricks to finish the job on Monday. (We hope).

Ducting put into the corner of the family room

Spaces we made for the ducting that the A/C guy didn't  use

Ducting put into both corners of our bedroom
once the ducting was moved, now we have holes
in the floor that will have to be fixed

These are what we have been waiting for, now we just need more bricks.

back of the house with the bricks done

front of the house just need the balcony bricked up

On Wednesday the solar panels were installed for the electric boosted hot water system and

Today we had the eave carpenters there,  they have finished most of it - just a few little bits to do.  They are also doing the cladding on the outside of bedroom four and installing the cavity sliders.  

Eaves done, the space on the right needs to have the cladding done

No comments:

Post a Comment